Boston Women in Media & Entertainment Inc
ONLINE POLICIES February 20, 2015
If you are not a BWME member, please be aware that some portions of the Site are available for the benefit of BWME members only and are not available to non-members. You may be denied access to certain portions of the Site if you are not a member in good standing of BWME.
BWME is a non-profit, non-commercial organization and the Site is a non-commercial web site or online service
1. Changes to the Site. BWME may add or change the content of the Site at any time and any additions or changes shall be automatically deemed covered by these Terms. BWME may terminate or suspend the Site or your access to the Site, in whole or in part, at any time. No such actions shall be deemed a breach or violation of this Agreement by BWME. BWME shall not be obligated to provide individual notice to you of any changes to the Site unless otherwise required by law.
2. Posting User Content. You are responsible for everything you post or transmit to or through the Site, including, for example, any photographs, audio clips, descriptions, biographical material, contact information, experience or other information you provide (“User Content”). User Content shall include all information and materials posted on or through the Site under your user ID. You agree to update all User Content to keep it current and accurate at all times.
3. Site information. Some information you post on the Site, such as your member profile, is not private and may be accessed and viewed by others. BWME is not responsible for how such information is used by third parties. When using Site
features we recommend that you not disclose your home address, home telephone number or other personal information you may not want generally disclosed. Consider posting the contact information for your agent or manager instead. If you do not have an agent or manager, consider obtaining a post office box and an answering service.
4. Inappropriate Content; Suspension or Termination of Account. You agree not to upload, download, display, perform, transmit, or otherwise distribute any content that (a) is libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, abusive, threatening, or otherwise inappropriate for the Site’s users; (b) advocates or encourages conduct that could constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national, or foreign law or regulation; (c) advertises or otherwise solicits funds or is a solicitation for goods or services; or (d) infringes on the copyright, trademark, right of publicity or other intellectual property rights of others. BWME reserves the right to suspend or terminate your receipt, transmission, or other distribution of any such material using the Site, and, if applicable, to delete any such material from its servers. BWME may, in its discretion, suspend or terminate your account for any violation of these Terms. It is BWME policy, in its discretion, to disable and/or terminate the accounts of users who may infringe or repeatedly infringe the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of others. BWME further reserves the right to suspend or terminate your access to some or the entire Site if you fail to timely pay your BWME dues or if you are no longer a member of BWME in good standing. BWME intends to cooperate fully with any law enforcement officials or agencies in the investigation of any violation of these Terms or of any applicable laws
5. Passwords and User ID’s. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any user identification, password and account information for the Site. You may not share your user identification or password with anyone and you may not allow any others to use your account. You are responsible for all activities that occur under your user identification, password or account. You agree to notify BWME immediately of any unauthorized use of your account, user name, or password. BWME shall not be liable for any loss that you incur as a result of someone else using your account or password, either with or without your knowledge or consent. You may be held liable for any losses incurred by BWME, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, members and representatives due to someone else’s use of your account or password.
6. Restrictions. You agree that you shall not:
a. interrupt or disrupt or attempt to interrupt or disrupt the Site in any way or prevent or impede any other party’s access to the Site;
b. provide false or misleading information about yourself or others on or through the Site;
c. post any User Content on or through the Site that contains or delivers any form of viruses, Trojan horses, or any other form of malicious or harmful program.
d. modify or change or attempt to modify or change any aspect of the Site;
e. collect or store personal data about other users on the Site;
f. violate or attempt to violate any security features of the Site, including, without limitation, accessing content or data not intended for you, or logging onto a server or account that you are not authorized to access;
g. attempt to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of the Site, or any associated system or network, or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization;
h. interfere or attempt to interfere with service to any user, host, or network, including, without limitation, by means of submitting a virus to the Site, overloading, "flooding," "spamming," "mail bombing," or "crashing;"
i. use the Site to send unsolicited e-mail, including, without limitation, promotions, or advertisements for products or services;
j. forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or in any posting using the Site; or
k. attempt to modify, reverse-engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise reduce or attempt to reduce to a human-perceivable form any of the source code used by BWME in providing the Site.
Links to Third Party Sites. The Site contains links to third party sites and on line services) (“Linked Sites”). Your dealings with such Linked Sites, including issues such as payment and delivery of goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and the owners and operators of the Linked Sites. You shall abide by all of the terms and conditions related to your dealings with the Linked Sites. You release BWME from any responsibility or liability for your use of or access to the Linked Sites. Your use of and access to the Linked Sites is at your own risk. BWME shall not be responsible or liable in any manner for the results of your dealings with the Linked Sites or for the accuracy, currency, content, or quality of the information provided by such sites, and shall not have liability for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers or others on the Site. Linked Sites have no authority to bind or obligate BWME in any manner whatsoever. BWME generally does not screen or investigate the content or information contained in Linked Sites or their products, services or policies. Unless expressly stated, BWME does not endorse, sponsor or recommend any such other parties or their sites or the information contained on such sites.
Access to User Content. BWME has the right to access all User Content you post on the Site and to monitor your activities on the Site. BWME can remove
any User Content that BWME deems in violation of this Agreement or that it deems to violate BWME policy in effect from time to time. BWME has no obligation to review or reject any User Content and BWME shall not, as a regular matter, review, edit, censor or otherwise maintain any supervisory role with regard to its users’ activities or posted materials.
Rights in User Content. BWME does not claim ownership in any User Content. By posting User Content on or through the Site, you warrant and represent that you own the rights to the User Content or are otherwise authorized to post, distribute, display, perform, transmit, or otherwise distribute User Content.
Disclaimers. THE SITE AND ALL OF THE COMPONENTS OF THE SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY LINKS AND ADVERTISING, ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OF ANY KIND WHETHER AS TO USE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR OTHERWISE. BWMEDOES NOT WARRANT THAT ANY OF THE MATERIAL YOU POST ON OR THROUGH THE SITE WILL BE SECURE. YOU ARE USING THE SITE AT YOUR OWN RISK. BWME SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ACTS OR OMISSIONS BY ANY PARTY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY “HACKERS” OR THOSE WHO MIGHT INVADE OR DISRUPT THE SITE OR TAKE INFORMATION INCLUDING MATERIAL YOU PROVIDE FROM THE SITE OR OTHERWISE. BWME DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE.
BWMESHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CORRECTNESS OR ACCURACY OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED FROM THE SITE, WHETHER SUCH INFORMATION IS FROM BWMEOR FROM ANY OTHER PARTY INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO BY OR FROM ANY LINKED PARTY, ADVERTISER OR ANY OTHER PARTY. BWMEDOES NOT ENDORSE OR SUPPORT ANY MATERIAL POSTED BY ANY PARTY INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY ADVERTISER OR ANY OTHER PARTY. BWMESHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ACTS OR OMISSIONS BY ANY PARTY INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY LINKED PARTY, ADVERTISER OR ANY OTHER PARTY INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY PARTY WHICH MAY PROVIDE SERVICES TO THE SITE OR TO YOU.
THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THE SITE AND DATABASE IS PROVIDED FOR GENERAL INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE LEGAL ADVICE. BWMEMAKES NO CLAIMS, PROMISES OR GUARANTEES ABOUT THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, OR ADEQUACY OF THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN OR LINKED TO THE SITE AND DATABASE. AS LEGAL ADVICE MUST BE TAILORED TO THE SPECIFIC CIRCUMSTANCES OF EACH CASE AND LAWS ARE CONSTANTLY CHANGING, NOTHING PROVIDED HEREIN SHOULD BE USED AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR THE ADVICE OF COMPETENT LEGAL COUNSEL. YOU SHOULD NOT ACT OR REFRAIN FROM ACTING BASED ON INFORMATION AT THE SITE.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, BWMESHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PARTY FOR ANY DAMAGES OR COSTS OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS OR SERVICES PROVIDED TO YOU BY OR THROUGH BWME, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, COMPENSATORY, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, PERSONAL INJURY OF ANY SORT, COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT, TRADEMARK INFRINGEMENT, PATENT INFRINGEMENT, LIBEL, SLANDER, INVASION OF PRIVACY, INTERFERENCE WITH THE RIGHTS OF PUBLICITY, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, LOST PROFITS, WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, BREACH OF CONTRACT, FAILURE TO PAY FOR SERVICES OR WORK, OR ANY FAILURE OF BWME OR ANY OTHER PARTY TO PROVIDE INTERNET ACCESS OR ACCESS TO THE SITE FOR ANY PERIOD OF TIME. THIS LIMITATION WILL APPLY REGARDLESS OF THE FORESEEABILITY OF THOSE DAMAGES AND REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THE DAMAGES ARISE OUT OF BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY OR FORM OF ACTION. THE WITHIN LIMITATION OF WARRANTIES MAY BE LIMITED BY THE LAWS OF CERTAIN STATES OR OTHER JURISDICTIONS AND SO SOME OF THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU AND YOU MAY HAVE OTHER RIGHTS THAT MAY VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
a. The Site is provided by Boston Women in Media & Entertainment, located at 505 Paradise Rd, #307, Swampscott, MA 01907. If you have any complaints about the Site, you can contact BWME at the above address. Please be sure to note all such correspondence ATTN: Website Policies.
b. Any dispute arising under this Agreement shall be determined only by a court of competent jurisdiction in Boston, Massachusetts. You expressly consent to personal jurisdiction in such state and in such court. In the event any portion of this Agreement shall be held invalid or unenforceable it shall not affect the validity or enforceability of the rest of this Agreement. All of the provisions of this Agreement shall survive the termination of this Agreement for any reason.