BWME MEMBER EVENTS CALENDAR
For more information on posting events on this calendar click here.
- This event has passed.
Tapped to Speak Live with Terri Trespicio
April 4 @ 8:00 am - April 5 @ 5:00 pm
In two days, this live, in-person workshop will transform the way you tell your stories, express your insights, and see yourself.
During the two-day workshop, you will: Discover what makes a TED-worthy talk—and how to find your big idea Gather expert insights into how to approach your own expertise and stories
- Start working, right then and there, on your the key ideas to fuel your signature talk
- Learn the Gateless Writing approach to tapping your creative flow and most powerful personal stories
- Find out how to avoid the mistakes even seasoned speakers make
- Discover how to get laughs (even if you don’t think you’re funny)
- Learn what TEDx and event organizers are looking for (and avoiding)
- Network with other speakers and professionals in a positive, creative, and fun atmosphere
You’ll walk away with:
- A clear, freshly articulated idea that’s unique to you—and the heart of your stand-out signature talk
- Tools for shaping and delivering your talk
- The first words that should come out of your mouth on stage
- A way to approach and organize your talk that feels natural to you
- Strategies for tackling, organizing, and delivering new or revised material
- Insights for growing your speaking career—and expanding your thought leadership platform
- An energized and invigorated perspective on your talk—and your career
- An event organizer, writer, director, and former TEDx producer who’ll show you how to deliver with power on stage
- A TEDx speaker who will teach you the power of personal story–and how to wield it responsibly
- A TEDx host on how to abolish stage fright
- A vocal coach and theater pro on how to leverage your most powerful resource on stage
- A programming director who books speakers on how to market your message and yourself
- A keynote speaker with a step-by-step approach for booking more events
…and some other surprises, too! You’re going to leave there on fire with a fresh approach to sharing your story and expertise. It’s time to get your TED-worthy ideas out of your head and into the world.