BWME’s Professional Development Scholarship Fund
BWME’s Professional Development Scholarship Fund (BWME Cares) offers scholarship opportunities to promote the continued education of our members. In our ever-evolving industry, staying on top of your game requires a lifetime of learning. We want to help you get there and stay there. Please see below to see if you are eligible. Please note all applicants must have been a BWME member in good standing for at least one year, and have at least three months left on current membership.
The application addresses all of the following topics:
- How attendance at the conference or enrollment in the class will further your professional development
- Why you need this scholarship
- The amount you are requesting (most scholarships range from $100 – $1000)
Scholarship awards are based on eligibility, are limited to available funds, and are processed in the order in which applications are received. Scholarships are non-transferable and can be used only for professional development related to the members’ work in the arts and media fields.
Scholarship recipients must provide the following:
- A signed Reimbursement Form along with itemized receipts for all approved items to be reimbursed.
- Post Conference Report – Recipients are required to provide a written report on how new skills and knowledge gained from the conference will contribute to their ongoing work in their field for the benefit of the membership.
- Recipient will also agree to be listed under BWME’s 2019 Scholarship Recipients on our website.
Can I contribute to the Boston Women in Media & Entertainment Professional Development Scholarship Fund?
Corporate or individual contributions to support the scholarship fund are welcome. For more information about scholarships or the scholarship fund, please email Dayla@BWME.org or donate directly using this link.